Thankfully we had our first couples gathering and are very excited for this fellowship to continue to grow and be a blessing for all!
For those who were unable to attend, below are some highlights of the structure and goals of this initiative which was reviewed in our kickoff meeting.
Frequency and Schedule:
- The current plan is to have at least one event per month.
- An event may be a social gathering, a meeting in church to discuss a certain topic, couples retreats, spiritual days, etc.
Goals of the Couples Ministry
- Support couples to help ensure relationships are on the right path.
- Create a forum to provide resolutions and raise concerns to common issues facing couples.
- Help foster relationships between couples by initiating organized social events and other couple related activities.
Format of Gatherings
- The intention is to have our get-togethers executed in a more lighthearted manner. The goal is that our gatherings are not the typical lecture format that most of us are accustomed to.
- In our discussions on particular topics, we will first begin our sessions with appetizers and refreshments allowing time for couples to socialize with one another. Additionally, interactive activities will be prepared to create a fun and edifying experience.
- We will aim to get experts to provide insight on specific topics.
Please keep this effort in your prayers.